Wednesday, December 22, 2004

God's world, God's work, God's way, God's Word

It's been a long time... Kinda miss the screen that's facing me now; the white space inviting me to pen my thoughts to share with the world. To share about how, despite my terrible sins and worthlessness, God still loves me. His judgement comes upon me only because He wants what's best for me. And behind the judgement and discipline comes the heart of a Father wanting to redeem this lost child of his... me.

I'm reminded of why I chose "Humbled Servant Adopted" as my Blog Title. Read the top of the page...

After my GB camp (26/11-29/11) came Church camp (6/12-9/12). After Church camp came NTU/NIE CF camp (13/12-16/12). And after all that, I'm now focusing on the Christmas Service (just 3 days away) in my church.

After everything, I must say that life has changed. Many things learnt and apart from bible lessons, I'm still learning about love... What is godly love? How do I love others? Why can't I love? The love of God... The more I think about the extent of God's love for me, the more I realise how wretched a person I am. Yes, wretched... I'm beginning to understand why John Newton used this word to describe himself in his wonderful hymn, "Amazing Grace".

I know this blog seems a tad bit negative, if you take into account that this is the "festive, tralala period" of Christmas (or as the World calls it, X'mas... I hate it when they use that). But hey, this December period so far has been filled with pain, tears, anger, joy and laughter for me. As you can see, I've experienced a myriad of emotions and I pray that at the end of it all, I'll learn the lessons God wants me to learn.

So what can I share after all of my chatter above? Just an adapted quote from Pastor Chris Chia with regards to the purpose of Man, the reason for Man's existence:

"We've all been placed in GOD's world, to do GOD's work, GOD's way; drawing guidance from GOD's Word"

Blessed Christmas everyone :)

No comments: