Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Photo reflections from Nepal--Wildlife pt 1

Don't know if I should really clasify this category of pictures as "wildlife" as not all of them are in the wild but well, they're all still pics of animals ;)


Now, this IS a WILD rhino. Managed to see them while we had a 2-hr elephant ride :) It was really enjoybale as the elephant ride went into the forest/jungle itself and cos the elephants we rode on hid our smell, we were thus able to come close to animals like the rhino :) Other animals (which both Dad and I didn't manage to take) included deer, wildboars, monkeys. We didn't see any tigers though; but we did see the carcass of a dead deer. And it was the distinct work of a tiger as the neck was bloodly and twisted at an impossible angle. I didn't take any pictures as my dad had the camera and the kill was within the trees, but we could see that the kill was fresh, just a couple of hours old... we were wondering if the the tiger was secretly looking at us from somewhere...


What an a**! :p



A 1.8m long giant just basking away... barely 15m away from us. And our only form of protection? Silence and the hope that the croc was full....

This guy was further than the previous but he looked bigger :p


1 comment:

Ocean Deep said...

Hi Adran, it's been awhile since I read your blog. I really love your pictures, especially those from Nepal, of the people, scenery and wildlife. You really have a gift there, I was touched by the pictures. Wish I was there... Linda