Thursday, September 16, 2004

My Brother, my ministry

Once again, thanks to all who were praying for my bro... he eventually went to school yesterday. No temperature but was unusually quiet when he got back from school. Took a long nap in the afternoon. However, one thing that happens during his illness though... he knows he's the "king" of the house and what he wants, he usually gets. Got pretty spoilt and kicked up numerous tantrums during this period of time. Somehow, I don't attribute it totally to him not feeling well. Sigh... parenting is certainly not easy. I really agree with Yifen and whoever told me that your child is a ministry. And with any ministry, there are struggles and there'll be suffering. It's made especially harder for parents when this "ministry" of yours, you carried for 9 months (to mothers) and the very, very personal nature of the relationship between you and your child(ministry) is there.

I always speak more from the viewpoint of a parent than a brother cos the age gap between my brother and myself is quite large. However, I see this as a blessing as I can look at things from 2 viewpoints.

To all parents, and parents-to-be(in the near future or not), raising up children is certainly not easy, but its one of the greatest blessings in life as well :)

No comments: