Friday, September 24, 2004

In Christ Alone... Pt 3

Haha... enough of lyrics? :p

Now comes my own 1 cent worth about both the songs...

Why did I type out both songs? (they're different songs by the way, just the same title) Well, both of them are among my favourites. I love the newer one by Keith Getty & Stuart for the lyrics. It has a very "hymnal" feel to the lyrics but I must say, the lyrics just brought tears to my eyes. (yes, I do cry quite easily! :p) The song, to me, was basically the gospel. A summary of this wonderful, life-transforming gospel that I live for.

The older version of 'In Christ Alone'... I have absolutely no idea who penned the words and tune. Anyone care to enlighten me? But the older version has a fantastic melody which stirs up heartstrings and really makes me examine whether I have put to death everything this world to offer and live for Christ and Christ alone...

On Tuesday, I failed to make time to reflect and meditate on God's Word. I read it, no doubt... but often, the words just flew by me. Spending time with God, reading Acts, some parts of Leviticus and Romans really refreshed me. He reminded me of so many things... that I can't possibly write it all in one blog! However, the main lesson learnt...

Have I lived my life for Christ and Christ alone? Do I daily surrender myself to cross? By Grace and Mercy, Christ has set me free from the slavery of sin! He bore the wrath of God for me on that tree, because of His marvelous, imcomprehensible love! Praise God!

No comments: