Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Do we dare to be different?

Just finished reading Vaughan Roberts' Distinctives.--"Daring to be different in an indifferent world"

Excellant book. It challenged me in the way I live my life as my life as a Christian. Best of all, it's short(only 156 pages, smaller than A5) and very easy to read!(A lot easier to read than my blogs! :p) Please feel free to borrow it once Yifen is done with it. Or, feel free to ask Yifen for the book but inform me about it lah :p

To keep this blog short, will just share one portion that I found challenging:

It has been well said that the real question is not, 'How much of my money will I give to God's work?' We should rather be asking, 'How much of God's money will I keep for myself?' But behind even that question there is a more fundamental one: 'Will I live for this world or the next, the present or the future?'
(Roberts, Vaughan. Distinctives. pp155)

No comments: