Sunday, August 15, 2004

Could you help me?

Yifen's sharing went well today... Thanks Yifen! :) After "standing down" from the active duty of chairing my church's service, I now have another daunting task at hand... to settle the script for my Church's Christmas service in December...

And to whoever is reading this, I would really appreciate the help if you could answer the following questions... thanks! Either email me the replies [ao310@yahoo.com] or, if you're comfortable, reply me via the "comments" tab at that end of this blog entry... thanks so much!

For Christians:

1) What is Christmas to you?

2) How would you present the Christmas message to a non-believer?

3) What do you usually do on Christmas day?


For non-Christians:

1) What do you think Christmas is about?

2) Do you celebrate Christmas?

3) What do you usually do on Christmas day/Christmas period?

4) Why do you think Christians celebrate Christmas?

To the Christians reading and answering this, it'll be good for me, and for you as well, to pose these questions to your non-Christian friends and see what kind of response we'll receive. Personally, I've been a Christian for a while now, and getting into the psyche of a non-Christian is really not easy! Also, if you can spare the time, could you email me the different kinds of responses you receive?

Thanks for the help!

Pray also for both James(a close church friend) and myself that God will give us the wisdom to plan a service which is both impactful and, more importantly, faithful to the Word of God.

Once again to everyone helping me, thank you :)

5 comments:

Mskmouse said...

welcome. :) like i said, hope the congregation was edified..and i think they are getting sick of seeing me up there. ;p haha...sure, will continue to think about the script. my classmates should be able to offer some interesting views.

Chin Cher said...

In response to your questions:

1) Christmas is about this man, Jesus Christ. (Philippians 2:6-11 & Romans 1:1-6)

2)There's no Christmas message. The message is the gospel.

3) Hear the gospel preached.

adrian said...

thanks chin cher!

Unknown said...

Right on brother(Chin Cher)!

Daxi said...

hmm...hi! well christmas for me it to give thanks to God for bringing CHRIST, our Lord and Savior. (a cliche' answer but still is the best answer)

- usually, a story telling of the life of Christ, from his crucifixion downto his birth. (or something like that, i'm not much good with storytelling).

- what i usually do is the church service, the whoel day, in the morning, then lunch with friends then afternoon and / or evening service. (choir member)

hope i'd help. tc and godbless!