Monday, January 03, 2005

What a way to start the new year...

2 Weddings and a tsunami...

What a way to start the new year...

Looking forward to the 2 weddings that I'm majorly involved in. The first one is this sat, yes this sat! Haha... the groom's kinda getting stressed out and he's passing his stress to his Best Men (I'm one of them) but hey, he's a fantastic friend and its his special day, so... tahan :p

The second is on the 22nd of Jan and now, I'm distributing his wedding invitation cards and getting him get the RSVP's too...

My mum was commenting just a few days ago that it seems like I'm getting married! But well, that's the 2 weddings bit... now, the tsunami...

Think enough's said. However, what Sumiko Tan wrote it in Yesterday's Sunday Times made me think... This piece of hers was a moving response to what happened but, does this response differ from that of a Christian?

And if its not much different, shouldn't that ring alarm bells in us? I mean, if nothing's different, then Christ just seems to be another morals-pushing, do-gooder who wants to make the world a better place. However, since Christ is more than that, then what's an appropriate response from a Christian? What should be different about a Christian's start to a new year?

I'm starting this new year with these questions in mind, will you ask yourselves these questions too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if it's one thing this tragedy taught me as a Christian, it's to say what's important to those who are important to you, because you never know when they might be taken from you - if someone i loved was to be lose his/her life tonight, is s/he right with God? does s/he know Jesus? that's what i've learned, and what i want to work on.

hanz