Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Meet the Kuans

Never knew that wedding planning can take a lot outta you... after 2 days of running around in a suit, I was totally exhausted the whole of Monday. Everywhere I went and everything I did was punctuated with a yawn or two. However, it was a joy to see my 2 dear friends tieing the knot :)

Won't go to great lengths to describe the wedding and wedding dinner... but I was thinking about these verses about marriage in 1 Cor 7...

"[3] The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. [4] For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise, the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does."
1 Cor 7:3,4 [ESV]
For those who have a bit of time now, take a listen to these good sermons... they're the 'Pure Sex' series.
During this wedding, I also had to visit Song of Songs and read bits and pieces of it. And in this book is an incredibly beautiful description of the passion, love and sexual relationship shared between husband and wife.
At the end of the day, I pray for this new couple, Ben & Shiyin Kuan that they'll live their lives in a Christlike manner, enjoying all the privileges and carrying all the burdens of marriage together, with God as the centre of it all.
As for myself? May I learn to surrender all my passions to Christ, trusting that He knows what and who's best for me, in this journey called life.

4 comments:

sernkhoon said...

Great series, Pure Sex. I gave a copy of Phillip Jensen's Love, Sex & Marriage series to another couple who recently wedded.

Persevere in Christ!

adrian said...

Haha... my 2 friends, Yifen and I got them "One Flesh: A Practical Guide to Honeymoon Sex" after a recommendation from Wee Seng! :p

Anonymous said...

i would have loved to see the expression on their faces after opening that gift.

hanz

adrian said...

hey hanz, before they came into their hotel rm, we did a little something on their bed and placed the book there :p got photos ;) think with shea lin