Friday, October 29, 2004

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Hope Isaiah gave a nick-name to his son... this I think, could be the longest name in the Bible...

"Then I (Isaiah) went to the prophetess, and she conceived and gave birth to a son. And the Lord said to me, "Name him Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz."

I came upon this verse from a Reverend Fun toon I saw. Click here to take a look.

Not coincidentally, learnt in BSF this week that Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz was born to Isaiah (as well as Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz's brother Shear-Jashub) as a sign to their generation of God's promise about a virgin conceiving.

Just a corny scenerio I had in mind... Imagine Isaiah saying this to his son... "Oi! Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz! *pant pant* Dinner's ready!" :p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MSHB means "quick to the plunder, swift to the spoil" so i think the other kids might have thought twice about making fun of him.

hanz

adrian said...

hehe... true, true ;)

Unknown said...

lol!!!