Saturday, September 11, 2004

The BIG picture

Firstly, to all who have been reading my blog and leaving comments, thanks! Hope that what I've been compelled to write has been helpful, thought-provoking and occasionally, fun :p (much to work on with regard to making this blog fun to read, i know! :p)

Anyway, lesson that I've been learning this few days... do we get the BIG picture in life? I mean, the things that matter to us, are they the things that matter to God? The things we think and worry about(exam results, what to wear to grad night, when am I gonna get a boyfriend/girlfriend, etc...) are indeed legitimate things. However, do we invest so much time, energy, effort and money in these things that we forget about what really matters? The things that will stand the test of time, the things that will last till eternity.

What are these things? Stay tuned ;) (feel free to leave comments on what you think these "eternal things" are... what you pen down may be helpful to others)

2 comments:

Mskmouse said...

It's a good reminder for us to think about this. In fact, we face this every other moment of our lives. I've been thinking about this too..and i must say it is really not easy to put it into action, and sometimes, i really struggle. For e.g, 'Should I get this top/skirt/gadget or could i actually pledge the money to church/CF?' Should I spend time catching upwith a non-Christian friend or take a long nap?' In the light of eternity, one thing remains, that is God's people. Are we actively sharing the gospel in ur lives, and encouraging one another in our faith? For myself, I defintely need to work harder! :)

adrian said...

You've been doing pretty well yifen :) I'm sure many people reading this blog will agree with me. You're a real encouragement to those who come into your contact.
All those who agree with me, say "aye" ;)